This is where you can learn about Karlene M. Anderson (Olesuk), as a current
independent consultant, and her business simply under her own name Karlene M. Anderson (formerly known as KMO Management)
and its history. Karlene had been interested in starting her own business for many years and she is excited
to finally have reached that goal as of 1995. She is a member of the Class of 2001 (Degreed 2002) from Columbia College Chicago's Arts, Entertainment, and Media Management graduate program holding an M.A. in Performing Arts Management. She also is a 1995 graduate of Northern Illinois University
holding a Bachelor of General Studies - Visual & Performing Arts Contract Major in Arts Administration. Taking her
consulting business to the web makes the process even more exciting. Here are previous positive business experiences
of Karlene M. Anderson (formerly known as KMO Management):
- Project Director & Marketing/PR Consultant (Network Affiliate: St. Charles, Illinois) with Shoestring Creative Group. Shoestring Creative Group is a national creative agency specifically for nonprofits. I was one of 20 candidates picked to
become a Network Affiliate out of more than 120 applicants nationwide; also chosen as their first Network Affiliate in Illinois.
2/2007 - Current. Click here for my Shoestring Creative Group business card.
- Independent freelance consultant for RN Johnson in Woodstock, IL in the areas of
content writing, copy editing, and e-mail loyalty rewards project planning, 12/2006 - Current.
- Booked 7/23/2005 TIC TOC ENTERTAINMENT presents passions at The Heartland Café -- the big Tic Toc Showcase for 2005, including singers:
Taroniah Rice, CHARMA, Tatiana Cabral, KATHIA and more, with special guests all backed by a live band featuring Greg Crook
(Keys), Peto Thomas (Bass) and David Yokley (Drums), a guitar player and live background singers. Chicago, IL.
- Freelance graphic designer to Craig T. Scalise, M.B.A., Ph.D., owner of Scalise,
LLC and Managing Director of XQ Learning, LLC. Created and manipulated clip art graphics,
designed graphics, and edited text for economics online courses and other types of interactive presentations using Microsoft
PowerPoint software. During the development process Craig and Karlene worked
in collaboration with Roy W. Hinton, Ph.D., Managing Director of Exquiry.
- "Working with Karlene has been a tremendous experience for XQ Learning. Her graphic skills are exceptional and
her professionalism was top notch. We could always expect Karlene’s work to be done on time and done right the
first time. In addition, Karlene was continuously thinking about our needs and making suggestions that would help us
improve and sell our products." --Craig Scalise
- Freelance advisor to Howard Robert Anderson (her new husband) to create business plan for Anderson Computer Consulting.
- Hired as an independent consultant by Nunda Township to co-edit and word-process the Nunda Township Comprehensive Land Use Plan.
- As Manager to Claudia Pérez Brown booked
vocalist and her band to kick off LaPeña Series at Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago, sold CDs, creating DVD/CD of show.
- Chicago freelance booking consultant, October 2003, for international tabla player Ray Spiegel, Indian slide guitarist Pandit Barun Kumar Pal (Hindustani Guitar) and Melanie Friedman on tanpura at Columbia College Chicago - Myron Hokin Student Center Annex for their CD release Ragas on Slide Guitar. For more information
on booking Ray Spiegel for future stops in the Midwest while on tour please contact Karlene Olesuk at (630)
booking and CD consignment consultant as of January 2003 for Chicago saxophonist Jim Kaczmarek and vocalist Annie Denison both of Annie & The Jazz Orphans, We booked them at Joey T's in McHenry, IL. We also have a CD consignment arrangement
for Ray Spiegel and Annie & The Jazz Orphans at Tower Records on Clark in Chicago.
- Preliminary planning and booking consultant
to the late guitarist/singer/songwriter Rufus Brown and the folk-rock-jazz group Mertyl.
- Booking and PR consultant for Fareed Haque on his trilingual poetry and music project presented at the
HotHouse from his CD The Poet with readings in
English, Spanish & Hindi of the Poetry of Nobel Prize winner Pablo Neruda.
Olesuk created this KMO Management website as a compendium to her personal website at http://kolesuk.tripod.com
the first poetry series at the old The House - DeKalb coffee house and restaurant.
Olesuk was the winner of the Albert P. Weisman Memorial Scholarship Fund 2000 matching
grant for the completion of a Columbia College Chicago student independent communication project to cultivate donors for the
Raue Center for the Arts in Crystal Lake, IL.
Here is a picture of my fiance (now husband) and I.